Manage your risk while on the go.
You can rely on our expert advisors to work with you to develop a successful, well-managed marine insurance program as a central or minor element of your risk management solution. We are thoroughly familiar with the full range of ocean and inland water risks and how best to protect against them. Based on our strong relationships with domestic and international insurance carriers, we can help you find creative solutions for:
- Inland marine exposures
- Transportation exposures
- Commercial property coverage
- Hull insurance
- Cargo exposures
- Marine liabilities
Inland Marine Insurance
Inland marine insurance generally covers property that is movable or transportable in nature. It’s often used to cover property that needs broader protection than what may be provided by a typical business owners policy. Whether you’re working off-site, shipping or transporting goods, or need coverage on contracting equipment, inland marine insurance should be part of your overall plan.
What is Covered?
We offer coverage for various classes of property:
- Mobile tools and equipment for artisan contractors, from machinery to hand tools
- Installation coverage for equipment you install at a customer’s premise
- Commercially-used photo equipment and musical instruments
- Fine Art Dealer/Gallery coverage
- Dealers Service coverage for property and equipment contractors/installers are responsible for during installation, servicing, or repair
- Vending machine coverage for vending machines located at premises you do not own
- Transportation coverage for property shipped by or to you via common carriers
- Motor Truck Cargo coverage for customers’ property transported by you in your truck
- Trip Transit for one-time shipment of goods/property
- Veterinarian coverage for animals belonging to others while in the custody of the Veterinarian
- Animal coverage for animals belonging to others while in the custody of a non-veterinary animal-related business
- Cellular communication towers
Ocean Marine Insurance
Ocean marine insurance encompasses a variety of coverages designed to protect merchandise, goods, workers, passengers and crews aboard shipping vessels, and cargo storage during marine transport domestically and abroad. If you source raw materials, distribute foreign manufactured goods, or sell goods overseas, ocean marine insurance can serve as the foundation of your comprehensive business continuity strategy.
The ocean marine industry is unique and threatened by risks with the potential to sink business operations. Tougher governmental regulations regarding pollution or other issues that endanger wildlife or the environment could complicate a grounding or become a major crisis.
We can help you assess these risks and deliver a full spectrum of customized solutions to address your challenges and risk exposure. Our marine sector expertise includes supporting clients in:
- Commercial dive operations
- Cruise industry
- Fishing fleets
- Marine construction
- Ocean transportation
- Offshore energy support
- Passenger vessels
- Ports, terminals, and shipyards
What is Covered?
Gallo|Thomas advisors have extensive experience in securing coverage and providing responsive claims management for the full spectrum of marine needs. This includes expertise in:
- Ocean Cargo Insurance
- Marine Hull and machinery
- Protection and Indemnity
- Marine Liability Insurance
- Marine Facilities Insurance
- Vessel Pollution
- Yacht Coverage
- Charterers Liability